Private Family Living
This upper-level space defies the traditional notion that the family room must reside on the main floor or even the lower level of today's homes— a floor plan design that often sends family members to opposite corners of the house as evening approaches. In this home, we created family space upstairs adjoining all bedrooms of the home (four children's rooms and the master suite). When evening approaches, everyone in the house is essentially "together" — whether they are playing games, reading a book, watching a movie or doing homework. Imagine the slumber parties — all within earshot of Mom and Dad — at least until the kids are old enough to seek out the home theater downstairs.
- Build: Rocky DiGiacomo, DiGiacomo Homes & Renovation
- Interior Design: Gigi DiGiacomo, DiGiacomo Homes & Renovation
- Architectural Design: Rocky DiGiacomo, DiGiacomo Homes & Renovation
- Awards: 2008 National Designing & Building With FSC, National Forest Stewardship Council.
- Press: "Luxury Home Tour: DiGiacomo Homes & Renovation, Inc.," Minnesota Home Magazine, May 2008; "Fit to Scale," Minnesota Home Magazine, August 2008; "Green Scene: Where Housing and the Environment Connect," GreenBuilder, December 2008.